The Belize Zoo is 35 minutes drive from Belize City heading West. It is 1hr and 15 minutes guided tour where you get to see all native animals that live in our beautiful country! The only place where you can see & might touch a Jaguar. The Zoo was build in 1983 as a last ditch effort to provide a home to the wild animals. It covers 29 acres of Tropical Savannah & exhibits over 125 animals.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||San Pedro, Ambergris Caye|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Flight at 7:00 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Landing in San Pedro at 11:45 AM.|
|TO BRING||Comfortable athletic clothing, Hat, Rain Coat, Bug Spray and Sunscreen.|
7:00 Am.: Departure
- Flight takes about 15 mins from San Pedro, Ambergris Caye to Belize Municipal Airport.
Belize City Arrival
- We have a light breakfast for about 20 minutes.
- We depart Belize City by driving to The Belize Zoo.
- Driving takes approximately 40 minutes depending on the traffic and weather status .
Arrival at The Belize Zoo
- Entering The Belize Zoo we purchase our tickets.
- Our Belize Zoo Tour begins, by explaining all information about the animal species.
- While exploring the Belize Zoo we have the opportunity to encounter with the Jaguar, by request.
- The duration of the tour takes 1.5 hours.
- Our Guest have the opportunity to visit the gift shop before exiting The Belize Zoo.
Belize Zoo Departing
- Driving back to Belize City takes approximately 40 minutes depending on the traffic and weather status.